In 1998, one of our all time favorite films hit the big screen for the first time.
Last week, the cast reunited after 22-years and we FREAKED OUT! Conducted by Katie Couric, The Parent Trap Crew came together on Instagram Live for a much-anticipated interview. The IGTV chat included Lindsay Lohan (Hallie/Annie), Dennis Quaid (Nick), Elaine Hendrix (Meredith), Lisa Ann Walter (Chessy), and Simon Kunz (Martin). Writer Charles Shyer and director Nancy Meyers also hopped in on the call!
So, what happened?
- We found out The Parent Trap was Lindsay Lohan’s FIRST role. Prior to the film, Lohan had never even auditioned for an acting gig! Most people do not know this about Lohan and we are EXTREMELY impressed. In addition to reminiscing on old times, Lindsay let everyone know she is healthy and doing well. #snapsforlinds
2. Dennis Quad (Nick) informed viewers watching the IGTV live interview that he originally thought Lindsay Lohan was actually a twin! He heard the voice over of Lindsay’s character as both Hallie and Annie and assumed . Lohan’s British accent was so on-point she even had her “movie Dad” fooled in real life.
3. Meredith Blake (played by Elaine Hendrix) has purple f*cking hair! AND WER’E LOVING IT!
4. Lisa Ann Walter (aka Chessy) looked like she was in a Roman style Jacuzzi and we were here for it! *insert clap emoji*
5. Martin (played by Simon Kunz) informed us that he originally auditioned for the part of a photographer who only had one line in the film. After hearing his voice and seeing his acting skills, director Nancy Meyers encouraged him to read for the part of Martin.
6. The Parent Trap cast also took the time to remember the beautiful Natasha Richardson (who played Elizabeth James). Richardson died in a tragic ski accident back in 2009 and the big screen has missed her warm presence ever since. “Natasha had such elegance and grace and she was so maternal to me,” stated Lindsay. Dennis Quaid added that Richardson was giving, joyful, and made it enjoyable to “do what we do.”